In order to apply, you must be resident in Scotland before you start your Graduate Apprenticeship. The premises you work in must also be located in Scotland. As part of your application, you'll have to show that you have the right to live and work in Scotland.
There is no upper age limit. You can apply if you're 16 or over. Some vacancies might be for ages 18 and over, because of health and safety requirements.
Advanced entry into Year 2 and Year 3 is possible for students with suitable qualifications.
Minimum Year 1
To enter this programme at the start of Year 1
you must have either:
• A minimum of four SQA Highers at Grade BBBB (or equivalent) including Computing or Maths plus Nat 5 English at C. Nat 5 Maths at C is also required if not taken at Higher.
• A Foundation Apprenticeship in a related discipline plus suitable academic qualifications.
• A Modern Apprenticeship in an unrelated discipline
Minimum Year 2
To enter this programme at the start of Year 2
you must have:
• A Modern Apprenticeship in a related discipline
Minimum Year 3
To enter this programme at the start of Year 3
you must have:
• A Modern Apprenticeship in Software Development at SCQF Level 8
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold any of the above qualifications or awards but have relevant work experience you may be able to enter this programme at any of the above points. Your application will be considered on an individual basis, taking into consideration your previous study and experience. You will be asked to reflect on your previous experience and demonstrate skills, knowledge and understanding equivalent to that achieved on successful completion of the above entry requirements. We will provide you with support in your reflective process through interviews and guidance on presenting your evidence.
English language requirements
As all learning, teaching and assessment activities are conducted in English, if your first language is not English you must have a minimum International English Language Testing System score of 6.0 with all four elements having a score of at least 5.5.
We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Entry requirements by country
Please note that international students are unable to enrol onto the following courses:
- BN Nursing/MSc Nursing (Pre-registration) (Adult, Mental Health, Child, Learning Disabilities)
- BM Midwifery/MM Midwifery
- All Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
See who can apply for more information on Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
We’re committed to admitting students who have the potential to succeed and benefit from our programmes of study.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures, and how we use the information you provide us in your application to inform the decisions we make.
Undergraduate admissions policies
Postgraduate admissions policies